The Search for my True Writing Goals
| I have no banner for this post, but this photo looks awesome so I'll just put this in. |
It was in grade school when I first discovered that I have a passion for writing. My teacher once told me that my stories were so creative that it surprises her. She said that I have a potential to become a good writer in the future. Maybe one of the best in the art. I can become a billionaire. Then suddenly, a pig flies by the window. I was dreaming, but I know that is what I want. Yes, a flying pig.
Writing was one of the best things in the world, in my world at least. It helps you share your thought whenever you are afraid to. It aids you in remembering things that are worth being remembered. It creates something that might have only existed in the mind. It applies every bit of knowledge you garner at school. It saves your life, my life at least.
I was a young journalist, who knows absolutely nothing on how journalism works. Honestly, at this moment, it still confuses me on how the system functions. But I write what I think is right, and I guess that is fine. They don't complain about my work. Meaning I am doing something right or something irrelevant. I don't care. I see my name on that paper and I am good to go.
When I went back home to spend the very short vacation time I have, I found some of my writings that was submitted as part of my high school requirement. Rather than looking back at it with pride and joy, I felt very disappointed. The most depressing choice of words, the messiest sentence structure, the shittiest grammar, all piled up in one single stash of white bond paper. I was not that disappointed, but rather surprised. Surprised on the fact that nobody is telling me that I was writing so poorly.
I stopped ranting and read everything while laughing my butt out. One of my work is so bad I almost burned the whole thing up in an inferno. But NO, I said to myself, this is who I am, or this was who I am, but not anymore.
Starting fresh was the silliest thing a college guy could go. I am not new to writing, but I felt that I am. What have I been doing all these years? Was I so busy with my life that I forgot what my life is? That is a very ironic thing and yet it is true. I have been blinded by my pride, by the people surrounding me, by my education, and by everything I believed that I am. Nobody is pointing a finger on me. That means I am doing good, or I am doing nothing.
Just like my published works, I am irrelevant.
Starting from the bottom, I want to work my way towards the top. I am starting to think before I write, not just think with my ass and write something about a bacon and whatnot. Think in the way other writers think. How can I change society with my works? Honestly, I don't know. Not yet.
Rather than just writing, I grabbed the second best thing that humans made, books, pizza being the first. I forgot how important reading is, actually, I forgot how fun reading is. Dwelling into a new realm, a new reality, where you are not dictated by anything, you just observe how the characters play out their lives. This isn't an RPG, it's real life, in another living world other than ours.
I never stopped writing, never will. I write on notebooks, papers, napkins, tissue papers, my elbow, and my palm, basically anywhere I can. Because whenever my mind discovers something, realize something, I know that it will be the last time that I will ever see that idea in my head, so it is very important to note it on anything that my pen and ink can touch and stay.
On the idea and imagination aspect of writing I know I have a lot to share. Now, it is the time to build up my technical skills, build up a community, build up a name for myself, and build up a clear future for my one true love.
I'll be back with art works that are publish-worthy. Not just stories about how a guy and cat could live, but stories on how a guy and cat is living. I now mark this day, the beginning of something new, no, the continuation of something old, the extension of my passion, the elongation of my capabilities, the expansion of something that is entirely related to what I am talking about right now.
Cheers guys! Have a nice day! - Ark









0 comments: