Clash On! My Clash of Clans Experience

9:04 PM Unknown 0 Comments

April 10, 2014 - Summer is starting, and never in my life have I spent my vacation without trying out a new game. I went to my laptop and started searching for a new MMO. Seeing this awesome new game, I went to see the system requirements and upon comparing it to my laptop's specs I decided to shut it down and put it in the case. I understand its the Office edition not the gaming one. Disappointed, I went to my bed and grab my tablet to get some games from the Play store. There I found this game sitting on the pedestal of the Top Grossing list I saw this game.

Clash of Clans
"Clash of Clans is a popular iPad/iPhone/iPod/Android game created by "Supercell". It has been available internationally on the iTunes store for free since its initial v1.7 release on 2 August 2012, and on the Google Play Store since 8 October 2013. Clash of Clans is a strategy game where players can construct and expand one's village, unlock successively more powerful warriors and defensesraid and pillage resources from other villages, create and join Clans and much, much more." -Clash of Clans Wiki
The truth is I love MMO strategy games. My first one being Backyard Monsters which, unfortunately, died 3 years ago. So seeing this game, I immediately downloaded it, registered with my Google account, go through the tutorial, and brought back the name that once ruled the world (or that's what I think I just did) "LordArkansas23." Pretty immature, I know, but I can't help it, I've been using that since when I was in grade school.

So as an experienced MMO player, I know everything that this game has to offer. Raiding system, clan system, resource system, premium money system, ranking system, all MMO offers the same thing. The concept of the game is pretty simple as well, barbarians, tons of killing, raiding and looting, nothing different. The graphics are pretty good for a mobile game. I don't know why am I attracted to this game. Not until I went to the forums, joined a few clans, and met tons of friends. 

That's it, I am attracted to its great in-game society. I know a bunch of you think that this is a foolish game played by 10-year olds who does not even know how to cuss right. But when you go beyond that, you will see that the game is full of mature people that takes the game as it is. I have seen 20 year olds and 30 year olds here. Talking and interacting with them is fun and interesting. You got to see their lives, their perspective in life. It is not just about reaching the top and being number one. It is about discovering new people, new culture, and new friends.

I am a YouTube person, I don't post videos I just watch. So I go around searching for "Clash of Clans," and there I found Chief Pat, Landon, Galadon, and many more. I don't know them at all. But the way they play the game really makes it more interesting.

I stopped playing for 3 months because of my busy college life, but when the semester ended, I found that tons of my close friends, relatives, and other people in my circle have started playing the game. They are now posting their bases on Facebook and Twitter even if it is just a week old and still puny. Finding that out, I started playing the game again, continuing my Town Hall level 9 base to help them, play with them, and sometimes make them jealous.

More than the people that plays it, I really should give credit to the people who makes it. The Supercell Clash Team was pretty active and is constantly giving the players new content to look forward to. Recent updates being Clan improvement, new building and troop level, and few in-game improvements really makes the game more interesting. I mean, who doesn't want to play games that are still breathing?

So overall, this game is more than just a game, it's a society.

So this is my current progress:

I have no permanent clan but I go to war with only 2 clans. If you want to ask for help or anything about the game. Just hit me up here and I'll respond. Clash On!

0 comments: