To Do List!

3:25 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Time management is the key to a productive day. 

I learned that the hard way. Don't ask how.

It has been a week since my class started and unfortunately my schedule is not really working for me. Every day my class starts at 7 in the morning so I have to wake up at 4 to clean up my bed, take a bath, see the news, eat breakfast and ride the train for more than an hour to go to the university. Classes end at 3 or 4 or 5 depending on the day and I take the jeep route so I can rest and read while riding . When I arrive, I immediately shower and go to sleep.

The problem is, I am too tired to study much during the weekdays. So I grabbed my Journal and made a To Do List. I wrote down all the things that I need to accomplish to survive the next wave. I was overwhelmed by the amount of things that I need to finish. It took almost 4 pages of my journal to write them all down.

I wish I had finished my Duplicating Machine project last summer. I really need that now.

Back to reality, I spent half an hour thinking on how should I tackle these quests. So I divided them into two groups. Group A is the Less Brain Cells and Group B is the Much Brain Cells. I hope you know what I am talking about. Basically, the easiest task goes first and the hardest task goes last. This will secure that I finish most of my work first before exhausting myself to the 2-3 task that will be harder than the rest.

Of course, being a procrastinator doesn't help me at all but, trust me, it pays off. Entertaining yourself or deviating from a task from time to time is not bad as long as you can control it. It helps by replenishing your mental state like hitting refresh for gazillion times on your desktop or clearing the RAM of your silly smartphone, whatever that means.

And lastly, I brought back the old reward system. I don't work for free you know. I do things that pay. Setting a reward, either in some form of material thing or mental thing, is a good motivator for doers like me. It doesn't have to be expensive or mind boggling, it just needs to be, well, rewarding. Give yourself a pizza for every successful task, maybe a 30 minute film, your favorite game, or a good nap, by doing this you have a secondary goal, a side quest. And in RPGs it is all about the side quest, not really.

Most people do things at their own rhythm. Experiment and discover your own.

0 comments: